I took double the recipe recommended time. Part of the reason was that I chose to use de-skinned chicken drumstick instead. The other reason was that I let the spices soak into the chicken for 10mins prior to cooking to try enhance the flavour. I think half an hour is still a bit optimistic. I would allow myself at least 40mins if following the recipe exactly.
The final product wasn’t very flavoursome. It tasted more like your average pan fried chicken.
Taken from: allrecipes.com.au
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on and bone in
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Serves: 4
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grind the fennel and mustard seeds in a mortar and pestle. Sprinkle freshly ground spices over chicken pieces.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic in the olive oil, stirring frequently. Once the garlic begins to brown, place the chicken skin side down in the pan. Increase heat to high, and brown evenly. Reduce heat, and cover. Cook chicken until juices run clear and meat is tender.